Sunday 18 December 2011

Pegs and Angels


Do you remember when I crocheted these angel wings here, I found the ideal home for them inspired by Penny's pretty dolly peg dolls and Christmas angels found here. Penny used fabric for her sweet peg dolls but I was thinking what can I do with one of the many charity shop doilies I have collected over the years? I know... make a crochet dress angel for the Christmas tree.




So Mrs. Dolly peg was born with a bit of silver bling,




Red ric-rac and cotton plaits. She was then joined by a dolly peg angel of the choral kind



Alice decided my dolly peg needed a friend




and my angel needed to get dressed... I had to snip through the centre of the doily to pop her head in and then threaded a silver thread around the centre circle and pulled on it like a draw string and fastened at the back to keep it secure.


  
Wings were blocked and PVA glued to make them stiff and have a starched effect.


And voila a little fun dolly peg angel was born!




and her singing mate!




Do pop over to Planet Penny and follow her easy tutorial on how to make a dolly peg doll of your own on the link mentioned at the beginning of this post. If you don't have any time before Christmas and have a little extra cash, she sells her beautiful dolly peg creations on Folksy here


Hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far, we are off to friends down the road for a tipple and mince pie (my first for this festive season!)
See you all soon xox 

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant!

    I found some of those pegs yesterday, in town, and have been planning to make my own angel.

    Your angelic pegs are.... well...... angelic. :)

    Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those are cute. I think I had one like that when I was little. Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful! I love to see other peoples' versions of things made from my tutorials, you are very good at posting them, I remember being so excited when you showed pictures of the Christmas crochet bunting!
    lots of love,
    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant. A choir of peggity angels!

    Hope you enjoyed the mince pie :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are so sweet Penelope! I saw these on Penny's blog and wanted to make some but I'm afraid my skills might not reach this far!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete