Monday 19 December 2011

Joy for life


Oh sweet sweet joy for this coming together this afternoon inspired by this beautiful yarn wrapped wreath. 


I hooked up the holly leaves and added some frosted berries found in a charity shop.

Cost: 95p for the polystyrene circle from haberdashery shop 
10p for the berries from charity shop
1.5 hours to wrap all left over bits & bobs of yarn in my stash
pipe cleaner from crafty stash
10 minutes to crochet the holly leaves
PVA glue in my sticky stash
and of course some J*O*Y


While I was busy making joy little miss was busy making a rather sparkly sequined bauble 

Cost: a whole lot more than mama's !
{eg. brass craft pins = £2.60} 


Kept little miss Alice busy for at least 2 hours and is surprisingly quite heavy with all that brass :0)

Hope you can find a little time for creating some joy too!

11 comments:

  1. Now I really like your colourful wreath, but I love Alice's pretty bauble :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful makes Penelope :0)
    I love the frosty berries and the colourful yarn ....lovely .Sometimes I wish my boys had patience with crafty things like Alice...that bauble is very pretty.
    Hope you have a really happy family Christmas .
    Jacquie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh wow! I really like your wreath thats such a good idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hullo Penelope, oh I so love your Christmassy craftiness making. The wreath is fabulous, I have just gotten rid of a whole lot of wool scraps after a rather painful tidy up (painful as in, I am not normally one to discard possible future craftmaking supplies :(, but desperate for some space). Looks like I am going to have to work very hard now to produce more yarn odds and ends to build up my wreath making stash again. lol. your beautiful peg angels are fabulous. We made similar quite a few years ago now, and they adorn our Christmas tree every year.
    Happy festivities at your place today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel really rude just commenting on all the posts of yours I've just found I've missed Penelope so sorry for one hit.

    Loved the angels - adorable, well all of your makes of late, seems you're really getting into the christmas spirit with gusto and having lots of fun.

    By the way it is a poster of the De La Warr. We could quite happily love in Hastings or Bexhill. Promised the girls we will have a trip down next year. Eldest born in Brighton and never visited since she was a toddler.

    Merry Christmas to you all

    Lisa X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Christmas decorations! I wonder if my local haberdashers sells those polystyrene rings....

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your wreath - by far one of the nicest ones I've seen in blog land - simple and minimalist - just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - how absolutely gorgeous! I'm all inspired now!! Have a wonderful Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just discovered you. I love your yarn wreath beautiful, loving those super cool colours! Very inspiring.
    Have a good Christmas,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... im going to create a yarn wrapped wreath of my very own next year. Amazing!

    Thanks

    littlejackrabbits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete